The P&C plays a very important role in the school and meets on a regular basis. It is a chance to meet other parents in the school and contribute to the education of your child and to the school.
If you’re interested in finding our more about the P&C and what they do, have a look through the information and/or pop along to one of the meetings. You can stay for as little or as long as you like; sit back and listen or get into the thick of it become a regular or just drop in when you can. All parents and other citizens of our community are most welcome and encouraged to attend – you will enjoy being involved with such a friendly group of people.
Meetings are held regularly in the staff room. Meetings occasionally need to be changed at short notice so it’s best to confirm date and venue by checking the website or school newsletter close to the date. If you have any questions, please email the school.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the P&C Association?
- Why join the P&C Association?
- How do I join and what does becoming a member mean?
- Current Office Bearers and Committees
- Meeting Papers
- Current and coming activities
- Can I donate to the P&C Association?
What is the P&C Association?
The P&C is a group of parents and community members who work together to improve our school and the school experience for our children. The P&C is also a forum for discussion and the exchange of information between parents and the school.
At Leinster Community, the P&C, with the help of many other invaluable volunteers, supports the school with fundraising activities such as discos, and gift stalls. They host social activities and working bees.
Why join the P&C Association?
There are lots of good reasons to join the P&C. Here are a few of them.
- It’s a great way to get to know people in the school community.
- You get to hear the reports from the Principal and the School Board representative, which give you a lot of information on what’s happening in the school, and a chance to ask questions.
- You get to have a say in how your fundraising money is spent.
- It gives you a strong connection to the school and a new network of people who care about the school, now and into the future.
How do I join and what does becoming a member mean?
To join the P&C, you just need to fill out a membership form and pay a contribution of between 5 cents and $1. Membership forms are available in the office. Just sticky-tape your coin to your completed form and drop it in the P&C tray or bring it along to a meeting.
As a member, you will receive all meeting papers and other P&C information and may vote at meetings. Members are under no obligation to attend meetings or participate in P&C activities.
If you don’t want to join the P&C but would still like to be involved in some of our activities, please email us and we will put you in touch with the relevant people; or just keep an eye out for our calls for helpers in the school newsletters.
Current Office Holders and Committees
President: Dylan Butters
Vice President: Bonnie West
Secretary: Naomi Lomas
Treasurer: Brooke Ashton
School Board Representative: tba
Fundraising and Social Events: contact the school to be put in touch with the relevant person.